Terms & Conditions
1 · Definitions
(1) "Business Customer" means a customer who is acting for the purposes of his or her business or profession.
(2) "Primo IT" means MAE Limited t/a Primo IT also referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms and conditions.
(3) "Catalogue" means the catalogue of products and services offered by Primo IT.
(4) "Force Majeure" means any cause affecting the performance by Primo IT of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
(5) "Normal Working Hours" means 9 am to 5:30 pm on a Working Day.
(6) "Working days" means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
2 · Confidential Information and Data Protection
(1) Each party shall preserve the confidentiality of all confidential information of the other which it receives, keep such information secure and protected against theft, damage, loss or unauthorised access, and not use such information for any purpose except as contemplated by the Contract. Moreover, each party shall ensure that such obligations are observed by its employees, officers, agents and contractors. These obligations shall survive the variation, renewal or termination of the Contract for a period of three years but shall not apply to information which is already in or subsequently comes into the public domain through no fault of the recipient.
3 · Product specifications
(1) Primo IT makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
(2) If Primo IT cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, Primo IT reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to Primo IT in respect of that order, including carriage charges. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
(3) Due to the current manufacturing methods of active matrix display panels, a small percentage of sub-pixel anomalies (i.e. a pixel stuck on or off) are accepted by the industry as unavoidable. Accordingly, because the manufacturing yield of perfect active matrix panels is low, displays may have some sub-pixels that are either always on or off. The cost of accepting only theoretically perfect displays would almost double the price of a portable computer using an LCD screen. Please be aware of this before purchasing a TFT screen. Primo IT has to adhere to the manufacturer's guidelines stipulating that a given number of pixel failures are deemed acceptable before the TFT screen is accepted for replacement on grounds of fault.
4 · Prices
(1) Goods and services are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of acceptance of the order. VAT is charged at the rate applicable at the time of invoicing or otherwise in accordance with the law.
(2) Primo IT reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
(3) Any prices quoted by Primo IT in local currency may be adjusted by Primo IT due to fluctuations in exchange rates.
5 · Orders
(1) All contracts of sale made by Primo IT shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party ("the Customer") with whom Primo IT is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed.
(2) All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered: Primo IT is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
(3) You undertake that:
(a) all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site are correct, and
(b) the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or your company's card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
6 · Payment
(1) Payment is due on shipment unless a Customer has been approved for credit. Primo IT 's standard credit terms require payment within 30 days from the date of the invoice, except in the case of transactions where different terms are agreed in writing.
(2) If payment is not made on the due date, Primo IT will be entitled to charge interest daily on the outstanding balance at the rate of 3% above Lloyds TSB base lending rate to each overdue invoice.
(1) Primo IT shall use reasonable endeavours to despatch goods by the date agreed with the customer, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays caused by delivery companies or manufacturer lead times. If a delay is likely, we shall contact the customer and advise of the delay.
(2) If Primo IT is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the agreed delivery date the Customer will, as its sole remedy, be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to Primo IT in respect of that order to be refunded. In order to cancel, the Customer must send written notice of cancellation to Primo IT after the above date but before delivery of the goods or notification from Primo IT that the goods are ready for delivery.
(3) Primo IT does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies Primo IT of the shortage or damage in writing within 48 hours of receipt of the delivery.
(4) Business Customers are required to be able to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery within Normal Working Hours.
(5) Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer's nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to the Customer.
(6) Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by Primo IT.
(7) If the Customer cannot accept delivery, Primo IT may at its option: (a) store and insure the goods at the Customer's expense and risk or (b) sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall or (c) re-arrange delivery provided that Primo IT may charge the Customer for the additional delivery costs incurred.
(8) The Customer may request a Proof of Delivery, provided that this request is made in writing within 3 months of the date of delivery and Primo IT shall use reasonable endeavours to provide such proof. Thereafter, delivery shall be deemed to have been successfully completed.
(9) Upon delivery of the goods, the Customer will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery to acknowledge safe receipt. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the number of packages delivered corresponds with the number stated on the delivery note. Where a discrepancy occurs or where there is evident damage to the packaging, this should be noted on the Proof of Delivery. Primo IT shall not be liable for discrepancies or damage evident on delivery where the Customer accepts delivery and signs the Proof of Delivery without amendment.
(1) Primo IT is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
(2) Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty.
(3) If you purchase goods in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Other than the express provisions set out in these terms and conditions, all other terms and the implied terms or warranties relating to the supply of goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
(4) If you purchase services in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Primo IT shall use its skill and expertise to carry out any contracted works (the "Service(s)") to a standard equivalent to that of a competent computer professional, and shall warrant our work as free from defects, for a period of 30 days after completion. In particular, we cannot be held responsible for any fault or damage not caused by Primo IT services' engineers or its contracted agents. In the event of a claim arising relating to the level of skill and judgement applied in the course of providing Services, Primo IT reserves at its sole discretion the right to appoint an independent expert in the field to appraise the work carried out in the execution of the Service(s). Additionally, Primo IT cannot be held responsible for equipment installed or configured when the equipment has subsequently been altered or configured by persons other than Primo IT. Except as set out here, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the Services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(5) Primo IT does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering. In some instances, Customers may benefit from special price discounts issued by a manufacturer specifically for their benefit. Such goods are not returnable to the manufacturer and may not be sold to other customers. Accordingly, orders for such goods cannot be cancelled and Primo IT can only accept a return of such Goods where they prove to be defective and the Goods are returned for repair or replacement.
(6) In the event that Primo IT, at its discretion to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with Primo IT's prior written agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition. All goods returned in these circumstances will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of Primo IT's sale price for the goods, or £20, whichever is the greater.
(7) Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective goods for full refund or replacement at our option, if, but only if, the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery.
(a) Primo IT's technical support staff or Customer Support staff, as appropriate, will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product purchased, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return the product directly to us Authorised product returns must be sent to: Returns, Primo IT, Church Court , Belton Street, Shepshed, Leicestershire LE12 9AB, Or to an address provided at time of RMA approval.
(b) If we have arranged for a courier collection of your product, we are unable to specify the collection time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present at the collection address when the courier arrives.
(c) All returned goods must be accompanied by Primo IT's Returns number ('RMA Number') which can be obtained by contacting Customer Support on 01509 274500. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RMA Number. Do not write directly on the manufacturer's packaging. Please write the RMA number on an address label and attach it to the returned package. Any defacement of the manufacturer's packaging or damage caused by inadequate packaging may result in the rejection of the return or an additional restocking fee, at Primo IT 's sole discretion.
(d) Primo IT cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is the Customer's responsibility to pack the product adequately to prevent damage.
(e) Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the goods for their full value.
(f) On receipt of the returned product, we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us.
(g) If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with a replacement product before completion of the testing process, you will have to pay for this product also.
(h) Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty. Customers who wish to make a warranty claim must comply with the manufacturer's instructions and warranty procedure. In order to resolve your problem as quickly as possible, we may refer you to the product manufacturer who will deal directly with the return. In these instances, we will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer.
(i) This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or to goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
(j) No software on which seals have been broken can be returned for credit. If any software discs are faulty, the manufacturer will replace them. Please note Software Licences are non-returnable unless the software is materially non-compliant with its specification or the physical media on which it is supplied is defective.
9 · Trade names and Trade Marks
(1) Trade names and marks (other than Primo IT's) are not always indications of the actual manufacturer of a particular product and may rather be indicative of general use systems and machines associated with such products.
(2) In the case of component purchases, Customers requiring a particular brand of product should, before placing an order, check with Primo IT the identity of the manufacturer of component it is proposed to purchase.
10 · Primo IT 's liability
(1) In its dealings with Business Customers, Primo IT shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of business or profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships loss of data and other financial loss. ("Financial loss" in this sense does not refer to the price you have paid for the goods, which we may be liable to refund to you, in whole or in part, if the goods are faulty or do not comply with their description). Primo IT's liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced amount of the relevant order.
(2) Nothing in this agreement shall limit Primo IT's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
11 · Health and Safety
(1) Primo IT confirms that the goods it supplies as a reseller do not present a hazard to health and safety
(a) when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
(b) if the Customer takes reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
(1) Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, Primo IT is unable to perform an obligation due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer.
13 · Errors and Omissions
(1) Primo IT makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its catalogue and on its website are correct and accurate. However, the frenetic tempo of e-commerce makes it inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, Primo IT will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer's order and/or received payment from the Customer. Primo IT's liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by Primo IT after the manifest error has been discovered.
(2) A 'manifest error', as the term is used in sub-paragraph (1) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by Primo IT which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
14 · WEEE Regulations
For all Goods sold in the UK which fall under the WEEE Regulations, the Business Customer shall ensure they follow the Producer (manufacturer) directions for disposal and recycling thereof. Primo IT shall not be responsible for any costs thereof. Such directions can be found either accompanying the Goods or on the manufacturers' website.
Selling products directly to an end-user in another Member State is known as 'distance selling'. The WEEE Directive and Member State WEEE Regulations state that Primo IT is not responsible for WEEE arising from distance sales of business products directly to the business customer in other Member States. Instead, it is the business customers' responsibility to ensure that products which they buy through distance selling arrangements are managed in an environmentally responsible manner at the end of life and in accordance with the WEEE Regulations. In purchasing such products from Primo IT the Business Customer agrees to comply with these Regulations.
15 · General
(1) If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
(2) Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
(3) Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised Primo IT official.
(4) The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
(5) Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent (a) by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or (b) by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
(6) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.